Memory Problems - Windoze vs. Solaris

Bacis2 and API programming
dreed

Postby dreed » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:39 am

I would like to know if anyone has had memory problems with Medusa?
I have written some script which opens many Medusa sheets and extracts the text. This keeps iterates for many thousands of sheets. However, on Windows, once I reach 6,500 ish the system locks up. Solaris has no trouble handling 28,000+ with the same script (does take a while though :) ).
Any similar experiences, solutions?

thanks,
D

Medusa_Chairman

Postby Medusa_Chairman » Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:19 am

I have ran into the same problem! I am reading information from the print and entering it into a database. I am setting all variables back to unset before starting another. I have not figured out what is loading up memory. The same programs work great on the Unix version.

Buntolo

Postby Buntolo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 pm

[quote author=dreed link=1026887997/0#0 date=1026866397]I would like to know if anyone has had memory problems with Medusa?
I have written some script which opens many Medusa sheets and extracts the text. This keeps iterates for many thousands of sheets. However, on Windows, once I reach 6,500 ish the system locks up. Solaris has no trouble handling 28,000+ with the same script (does take a while though :) ).
Any similar experiences, solutions?

thanks,
D[/quote]

Perhapse in Windows you've reached the threads limit (don't know if in Windows so many sheet count as new processes) or the maximum amount per process possible or the maximum number of displayable objects.

Post your Windows-machine specs (both OS and hw).

admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I think we can close this thread by now. It´s rather old but thanks@buntolo for your interesst.

Return to “Bacis2”