Memory Problems - Windoze vs. Solaris

Bacis2 and API programming
dreed

Post by dreed » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:39 am

I would like to know if anyone has had memory problems with Medusa?
I have written some script which opens many Medusa sheets and extracts the text. This keeps iterates for many thousands of sheets. However, on Windows, once I reach 6,500 ish the system locks up. Solaris has no trouble handling 28,000+ with the same script (does take a while though :) ).
Any similar experiences, solutions?

thanks,
D

Medusa_Chairman

Post by Medusa_Chairman » Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:19 am

I have ran into the same problem! I am reading information from the print and entering it into a database. I am setting all variables back to unset before starting another. I have not figured out what is loading up memory. The same programs work great on the Unix version.

Buntolo

Post by Buntolo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 pm

[quote author=dreed link=1026887997/0#0 date=1026866397]I would like to know if anyone has had memory problems with Medusa?
I have written some script which opens many Medusa sheets and extracts the text. This keeps iterates for many thousands of sheets. However, on Windows, once I reach 6,500 ish the system locks up. Solaris has no trouble handling 28,000+ with the same script (does take a while though :) ).
Any similar experiences, solutions?

thanks,
D[/quote]

Perhapse in Windows you've reached the [url=http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2009/07/08/3261309.aspx]threads limit[/url] (don't know if in Windows so many sheet count as new processes) or the maximum amount per process possible or the maximum number of displayable objects.

Post your Windows-machine specs (both OS and hw).

admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I think we can close this thread by now. It´s rather old but thanks@buntolo for your interesst.