Dotted lines print as dashes

Plotting issues
hrg

Dotted lines print as dashes

Post by hrg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Newbie problem?

Dotted lines show correctly on the screen, but are printed as dashes of approx. 2 mm length (up to 0.5 mm thickness, 3 mm length at 1.0, 4 mm at 2.0).
Short dashes have a length of approx. 8 mm.

I tried 2 Printers (Brother MFC-7840W, hp Photosmart C5280) as well as PDF24 Creator, all with same result.

Medusa4, Med_Personal v10_520
Windows 7, 64 bit

Thanks

Hans

MikeCauser

Re: Dotted lines print as dashes

Post by MikeCauser » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:47 pm

You will notice as you zoom in & out on the screen the dots/dashes remain the same visual size. The same happens on the plot, dots & dashes are the same length on paper for full sheet and plotted zoomed-in area. I think this is a function of the graphics toolkit (QT-4(?)). Somewhere there is/was? a control for the relative lengths of line and space in Medusa at the project level, but I suspect it's been superseded, and in any case Medusa Personal doesn't allow us to change that sort of thing.

It might be worth digging into the QT-4 source documentation, but I don't think it's going to help much. http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qpen.html

Mike

Don

Post by Don » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Not sure if you are auto-scaling to smaller paper but if so, add following lines to MEDUSA4_PERSONAL_V5_2_0\master_project\superprint\macro\qtplot_bw.des or qtplot_color.des

scathk on
scasty on
-- end of description file

If you are not scaling print they will have no effect.

MikeCauser

Post by MikeCauser » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Ah, so I was wrong, it's not a QT setting.

Interesting to see that LCIS is still a part of 2015 Medusa, it was supposed to have been replaced by Bacis2 before 1990 :lol:

Thanks for the info Don,

Mike