Startup fails in Medusa4 Personal l

Licensing and key files
jdireland

Postby jdireland » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:12 pm

I installed the Medusa 4 Personal edition and when asked, I provided the path to the license file I was sent from Cad Schroer. The installation finished and I doubled clicked the program icon. After a few seconds a command window pops up and says it cannot locate the license file, contact the administrator. I'm running Windows XP Home SP2 on a Compaq AMD Athlon 64, 512 MB RAM. I opened the license file and the license info is there, so it renamed the file correctly.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

John

peter76

Postby peter76 » Sun May 06, 2007 8:06 am

I am having the same problem under Ubuntu Feisty Fawn... Aby solutions

pase

Postby pase » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:22 pm

I´ve heard from the support that there will be a new personal version.. in the near future... :) perhaps they´ve fixed this problems...

max

Postby max » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:15 pm

I have the exact same problem as JD, except I am using Windows 2000 pro. I just don't get it. I tried to get M4 to start on a Linux box, now in Windows, and have yet to get it to start. Frustrating

pase

Postby pase » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:29 pm

As far as I know the actual personal is not 64-Bit compatible. This is maybe the reason why it doesn´t work for you.

But may be it´s just a simple license problem concerning your network configuration. The linux version seems to be very sensible regarding this topic. (You need to have a eth0 device and send cad schroer the mac of this device)

max

Postby max » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:41 am

I am running 2000 pro 32bit? I ditched linux (pclinuxos). I didn't know there was a 64bit version of M4, if that is what you meant? I have a AMD Sempron 64 processor but it wouldn't run XP64, so I just treat the system as if it were a 32. Have had no other software issues yet. If this is a license issue because of my processor how could I get Cad Schroer to send me the 32bit license? Or, if this is an eth0 issue I don’t have the experience or the knowledge to get the mac address for it? I am a PC rookie BTW, however I am sure that is now obvious.

pase

Postby pase » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:13 pm

Hm we could start with the following experiment.

Go to the terminal and run this command " ifconfig -a " without the brackets. Please post the output of this file. Perhaps you could run lmutil. I think it´s in the standard distribution.

max

Postby max » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Isn't ifconfig a linux command? However, I tried it by going to start, run, and typed it in. I got the "cannot find the file"" or one of it's components... message. Now I did try ipconfig -a. When I do this it seems a terminal window flashes up for just a second and disappears, it does try to do something, but don't know what. Also ipconfig -all, same result. Ran the lmutil and likewise "cannot find" window again. This is a fresh install, and seems fine, but maybe I have other issues that are over my head?

pase

Postby pase » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:16 pm

Oh yes sorry.. It´s ipconfig /a I think .. and you need to type it into the dosbox. Go to the run dialog and enter "command". Into the new Window enter the ipconfig output.

max

Postby max » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:02 pm

Got it, my bad, wasn't thinking. This is what I got:

C:\XXXXX\XXXXX>ipconfig /all

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : XXXXXX
Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : XXXXX

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : XXXXX
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . :
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . :
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:40:49 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, September 03, 2007 2:33:29 PM

C:\DOCUME~1\MAX>

I removed values for privacy, but is this what you were referring to? Without the addresses does it do you any good? wHAT SHOULD MATCH ETC...? If the host name doesn't match or if something else doesn't match how would I know? I am unsure what to do with the information from here? What to compare it to?

Return to “Licensing”