medusa 4 model viewer freezes

Post problems here, and your fixes and work arounds
fritz.honka

Postby fritz.honka » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:39 pm

hi,

I'm new and yes, of cause I have a problem ;D

I use Medusa 4 vers. 2.1.0 on Suse Linux. In general everything is working fine, very nice product by the way (!)

Right now I have a problem though, when I open the 3d model viewer everything freezes, last thing I see after killing medusa from the command line is: 'tcsetattr failed error 5' The drawing is really simple and non spectacular, probably a complete stupidity from my behalf :( You can find it here:

http://www.desy.de/~chbeyer/zylinder.she

Mayeb you can give me a hint what goes wrong or wher I could get more debugging information...

thanks for any help

cheers
fritz

admin

Postby admin » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:35 am

Hi and welcome to this community. There are a lot problems with medusa4 and suse linux at this moment. An important information would be, what version of suse are you using.

Just for information.. in the next few weeks cad-schroer will release a new medusa4 personal. They said it will fix most of the linux problems.

fritz.honka

Postby fritz.honka » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:41 pm

HI,

thanks for the information, it's suse 10.3 (latest release) I will wait for the new release then...

cheers
christoph

admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:58 pm

I really hope that it will appear soon... ;) It should although improve the whole plotting/printing thing in linux...

fritz.honka

Postby fritz.honka » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi again,

while waiting for the new release maybe I can steal some more of your time ;) I am new to medusa as I mentioned and I still have some general problems with the program. I am creating a couple of 3d sheets and of cause would likt to 'assemble' the parts on another sheet (right now I can not insert a 3d object from one sheet on another but maybe this will be fixed too with the new release.

How can I get a better resolution for the 3d views, everything looks very 'angled' right now ?

cheers and thanks for any hint
christoph

pase

Postby pase » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:54 am

I really don't know if this assemby thing will work in future versions. It's just 3d basic inside the Personal License...

Return to “Software problems”