Mouse Problem

Post problems here, and your fixes and work arounds
dreed

Mouse Problem

Postby dreed » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:44 pm

I have an issue with the mouse detecting a point on a sheet while a user is entering a value manually. For example, when drawing a circle, I first digitize a point on the sheet, then select the diameter of 100mm. However, while I am doing this the value is automatically updated to where the pointer currently is. I have tried different mice and still the same problem occurs. Is there a switch or option to stop the mouse detecting its' current location?

geoz

Mouse Problem

Postby geoz » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:16 pm

Mine only updates like that if I move the mouse while typing. Have you tried letting go of the mouse? Or you can move the cursor off the drawing window into the input area or over the tooltrays before typing your diameter and just hitting ENTER for Medusa to accept the value.

We had to get used to this early on. The other related thing that has been a lot more difficult to get used to is not being able to enter fractions, etc. (15/16 or 1+27/64)

George

dreed

Mouse Problem

Postby dreed » Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:20 pm

We got around it by moving the mouse out of the drawing window also. The funny thing is we didn't have to do this until we migrated to Windows 2000.

Lucky thing is we don't have to worry about fractions, we work in mm. :)

What seemed to work for a while was to re-create a users entire windows profile, but after some use the problem returned. May have something to do with the fact that medusa is not a true windows application. I much prefer my unix install of medusa.

Return to “Software problems”