Edit Line Tools greyed out

MEDUSA4 on Windows Platform
uffdaken

Edit Line Tools greyed out

Post by uffdaken » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi there, I am doing some TurboCAD 2D / 3D tutorials on Medusa4 Personal. In the screenshot I am trying to remove the bottom line section on the two boxes. I started with a rectangle, used offset construction lines and the line tool to make the two boxes. I know I could have used Smart Drafting, but wanted to learn the basic method to compare with my experience with TurboCAD. With TurboCAD you would use Object Trim to delete the lower lines, so you end up with two wide, open notches. The line segment below the the drawing is what I am trying to do. But I noticed that the Standard Edit Line Tools are greyed out, except for Trim/extends, Fillet Lines, Move Segments and Chamfer Lines tools. Have Medusa4 Personal 5.2.1.
Attachments
TurboCAD Tutorial.png
TurboCAD Tutorial.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 17790 times

uffdaken

Re: Edit Line Tools greyed out

Post by uffdaken » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:00 am

I went and re-did the drawing starting out with Smart Drafting. Took 2-3 try's to get the hang of using the Alt. key combo to get the Length and Angle (set to 0, 90, 180 and 270).

Ken

uffdaken

Re: Edit Line Tools greyed out

Post by uffdaken » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:31 am

Discovered this morning that you need to have a item (element) selected, then right click and select edit, the icons will activate.

Ken