Symbols or blocks

MEDUSA4 on Windows Platform
uffdaken

Symbols or blocks

Post by uffdaken » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:31 pm

New to Medusa4. I was wondering if it possible with Medusa4 Personal to make a symbol that contains data that can be changed similar to the welding and surface roughness symbols. Would like to make a cross symbol with data input in the 4 quadrants used in aircraft fastener codes in the US. (National Aerospace Standards 523)

Neu auf Medusa4. Ich frage mich, ob es mit MEDUSA4 Personal möglich, ein Symbol, das Daten, die ähnlich wie die Schweiß- und Oberflächenrauheit Symbole geändert werden können, enthält zu machen. Möchte ein Kreuz-Symbol mit Dateneingabe in den 4 Quadranten in Flugzeugen Verschluss-Codes in den USA verwendet werden. (National Aerospace Standards 523)

Ken

MikeCauser

Re: Symbols or blocks

Post by MikeCauser » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:39 pm

uffdaken wrote:New to Medusa4. I was wondering if it possible with Medusa4 Personal to make a symbol that contains data that can be changed similar to the welding and surface roughness symbols. Would like to make a cross symbol with data input in the 4 quadrants used in aircraft fastener codes in the US. (National Aerospace Standards 523)
It is certainly possible. You can save any part of Medusa sheet in a named file and paste the contents of that file into another sheet later. So if the data you need in the symbol is a constant set of values that's pretty easy to set up. If an item in there needs changing after putting it onto a sheet then it's a normal Edit operation.

If you want to have a dialogue box come up so you can set the data values before putting the symbol onto the sheet then that is also possible. But requires more knowledge of customising Medusa to set up.

As NAS 523 appears to cost $69 currently, could you fake up an example of what you need and post it here? That would give us a better idea of the possibilities.

Mike

uffdaken

Re: Symbols or blocks

Post by uffdaken » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi Mike, here's three pictures of the NAS 523 being used in the B-47 Structural Repair Manual. I had some pictures of the NAS 523 manual but I guess you can only have three attachments. I will see if I can find a "workable" NAS 523 PDF. The last time, 2-3 years ago I couldn't open the PDF file. Thankfully I had copied the whole manual. It might be easier to email the pictures of the manual to someone.

edit: Sorry, it like the pictures are too big. Need to use the slider bars on the sides.
Ken Simmons
Attachments
B-47_SRM_3.JPG
B-47_SRM_3.JPG (654.44 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
B-47_SRM_2.JPG
B-47_SRM_2.JPG (658.48 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
B-47_SRM_1.JPG
B-47_SRM_1.JPG (691.69 KiB) Viewed 2109 times