ERROR MESSAGE -3D

Everything concerning the personal license
LUCA87

ERROR MESSAGE -3D

Postby LUCA87 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:55 pm

GOOD EVENING,WHEN I TRY TO DRAW SOMETHING ON 3D MODE,THE PROGRAM SEND A MESSAGE ALERT "THE PAPER IS NOT VALID TO MODEL"
ABOUT THE LICENCE,WHEN I OPEN THE WINDOW AT THE TOP INTHE RIGHT SIDE(NEAR HELP) EVERY LINE IN THE WINDOW IS DISABLED LIKE "RASTER ETCCC..."
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?
THANKS

MikeCauser

Re: ERROR MESSAGE -3D

Postby MikeCauser » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:17 pm

WHEN I TRY TO DRAW SOMETHING ON 3D MODE,THE PROGRAM SEND A MESSAGE ALERT "THE PAPER IS NOT VALID TO MODEL"

The sheet needs to have an indication of which direction each part of the drawing is viewing, like the traditional note of whether a drawing is "1st Angle" or "3rd Angle". To do this, and to add non-orthogonal views if needed, Medusa requires a boxes on the sheet of type LVB which enclose the drawing and a small "prim", known as a "view-prim". That's the funny little block which looks different from each direction. (*)

You can draw the boxes and add the view-prims yourself, but the easy way is to switch to 3D mode before starting a new drawing. The menu of new sheets will then have suitable boxes already drawn, with viewprims (in 3rd Angle) and some centrelines to help construction.

ABOUT THE LICENCE,WHEN I OPEN THE WINDOW AT THE TOP INTHE RIGHT SIDE(NEAR HELP) EVERY LINE IN THE WINDOW IS DISABLED LIKE "RASTER ETCCC..."

The licence you have is printed in the text (command) window behind the drawing window. That's on Linux anyway, I have no idea what happens in Microsoft.

(*) In the early days of Medusa each customer was given one made of wood with a felt base, for each workstation.

Mike

LUCA87

Postby LUCA87 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:51 pm

the point is that the "license" window is not active;
every feature is light grey,so i think that it isn't active to draw on 3d mode
what i have to do?
thank

MikeCauser

Postby MikeCauser » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Attached is a small snapshot of how the licenses window looks in my installation. Clicking the top line (highlighted here) gets the license information. I have no idea what the rest greyed-out do, but 3D, parametrics, etc all work for me. I do have Medraster disabled, which I never use and saves a lot of memory.

Mike

snapshot1.jpg
snapshot1.jpg (32.89 KiB) Viewed 2461 times

Volker

Postby Volker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:14 pm

In case that the license is greyed out means it is active in medusa4 personal.
If the license would be disabled it would be "in color".

MikeCauser

Postby MikeCauser » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Oh yes, I see. In a commercial installation it is possible to have "floating licences", so that 5 2D licences could share 2 SMD and 1 Parametric licences between them, and the colour of the menu shows whether any of these floating licences are taken by the current user. The Manual page does not say how to drop a licence, but as we're "Personal" users it doesn't really matter.

Mike

Return to “Medusa4 Personal License”